Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chopped

On June 6th, Angie and I joined our favorite Chef, Cory Bahr, at our favorite local restaurant, Cotton, for his performance on the Food Network show, "Chopped."  Have you ever seen it?  Up until this night, I had never watched the show, but now I. am. hooked.  Lurve "Chopped"! 

For an appetizer, Angie ordered the duck wraps; however, I'm not very fond of them.  I think it's the idea of eating duck, but whatevah!  For an entree, we both had the Bricked Chicken and it was wonderful!  The dirty rice served in the little red bellpeppers was divine!  Add a couple of cosmos, and we had a great Girls Night Out.

During the commercials, Cory gave us little tidbits about the show.  He said it was extremely hot under all those lights.  He also said that they filmed the show at like 5 o'clock in the morning, so he was a little tired.  The take where they open the baskets to see what their mystery ingredients are is done in about 5 takes.  And he also said that he is still friends with all the chefs that he competed against. 

Chef Cory's next endeavor is the Food Network show where they cook against the major chefs like Bobby Flay - I can't think of the name of it.  I'll let you know when I get more details on that.

And speaking of cooking shows, I can't seem to get enough lately.  Wayne and I are addicted to Food Network Star on Sunday nights and Master Chef on Mondays and Tuesdays.  We are also loving our Cook Shack!  Just today we grilled a belated Father's Day lunch for my dad.

Happy cooking and Happy Summer!  Hope you're enjoying it as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment