Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good-Bye First Grade!

So long.

Farewell.

Adieu, adieu, adieu!

It's been fun, but it ain't been THAT fun!

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that I was doing the happy dance this morning during the awards ceremony.  And I honestly never thought that I would be this happy to have a school year over, but I am.

Good-bye to First Grade!


If an "almost" homerun had me jumping up and down, you can only imagine what seeing our Baby Girl get a medal for having all A's all year meant to me!  I was soooo stinkin' proud of her!!  Those long nights of beating her over the head with a speckled notebook paid off!

But Tiffany and I are planning a Wordly Wise book burning session soon!

Alise's awards:
Music Achievement - Super Singer {Look out JLo!}
Straight A's for 4th nine weeks
3rd place AR reader (points)
2nd place Independent reader (with 41 hours)
All A's for the 2011-2012 school year

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Alise!!! We are so proud of her.

    I'm so happy for our girls going into the second grade, but I've had a very hard time dealing with the fact that they are getting older. It really hit me when my youngest nephew, Jon, graduated high school yesterday. My sister turns to me and said "well, the next family high school graduation is Katie." You talk about picking up my bottom jaw off of the floor. It never hit me until then. Now, I can't stop crying. Especially since Katie's teacher put together a beautiful DVD filled with photos throughout the year. Oh my gosh! Tears flow, but I guess these are the things that we have face as time goes by. Treasure the happy memories!

    Love ya'll ~

    Happy Birthday Alise!!!! We hope you have a fantastic birthday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete