Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th

I'm not a supersticious person, but I still wanted to wish everyone a Happy Friday!

And even though most people look forward to Fridays, this is one Friday that I really don't want to see end! You see, Alise has been on Spring Break all week and Wayne has been off work, so we've been taking it purrrrty easy here at Chateau Horton. Alise has stayed up late, WE'VE stayed up late, and I haven't even been getting up until 7 o'clock to get ready for work! I haven't cooked a single night. Sheer bliss!! But lo' and behold, it's all gonna come to a screetchin' halt come Monday morning!

As I type, Wayne is putting up the panels to the fence around the back of the pool. He has done an awesome job and made ALOT of progress this week putting the fence up all by himself! So, so proud of the Hubs! I'll post pics later this weekend. The cook shack is almost wired with electricity, too! I can't wait to be spending some lazy summer days by the pool!

Tomorrow morning is opening day of t-ball season. Alise is playing pitcher and second base. I can't get over how her throwing has improved. New rules this year require the pitcher to wear a "mask" to combat any crazy balls coming over the pitcher's mound. We bought Alise's mask last weekend in Memphis. It's purple. As to her hitting, her coach has had her out in the field so much that I have yet to see her practice swinging at a regular practice. I'm not sure she'll earn that $20 I promised her by making a home run. Well, at least not on opening day. Unfortunately, I will miss her back-to-back games tomorrow. I have a hair appointment that I've already cancelled twice. I'm dying to be blonde again.

Speaking of baseball, I just finished John Grisham's book, Calico Joe, and I must say that it is one of the best books I've read in a really long time. No legal stuff with this one. It's about baseball. And even if you don't like baseball, you can skim over the fluff and read about the real story between a father and son. I literally sat in the nail salon yesterday and bawled.

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had a pool! when are you going to post finished photos of your entire house?

    ReplyDelete