Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

Photo from Fox News

"Houston's pipes and presence, her grit and glamour had made her an icon." ----CNN

"...one of those events where you remember what you were doing when you heard the news." ----Simon Cowell

"She had the perfect voice, and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who had sex appeal but was never overtly sexual, who maintained perfect poise." ----Fox News

"No words. Just tears."----Rihanna

"She was a star from above. Her star may not have been shining for long, but when it did, boy did it shine."----Gladys Knight



"One Moment In Time" {one of Whitney's amazing hits} has propelled me to many of my Grand Slam victories."----Serena Williams {I literally cried over this statement!}

"Mine is only one of the millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston. I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song ["I Will Always Love You"], and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, 'Whitney, I will always love you. You will be missed.' "----Dolly Parton

"Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, ever sang the Star Spangled Banner live as well as this: "---Piers Morgan

"Little by little these deaths kill the best part of each of us, the awe and joy we feel when we hear a gift that can only come from God."----Bette Midler

"I found my voice singing Whitney Houston's music. Today I lost my idol."----Jessica Simpson

"Whitney was the reason many of us do what we do. "a few stolen moments is all that we share" ----Pink


Some girls used hair brushes. I used a flashlight. It was my microphone and I liked my Whitney music loud!

I can remember the first time I saw the music video "How Will I Know" on MTV and the first time I heard "The Greatest Love of All" on the radio.

I can remember sitting in a movie theater after college classes one afternoon watching "The Body Guard" with the love of my life and crying through the "I Will Always Love You" scene - when Whitney said good-bye, got on that plane, and flew away. Little did I know that I would be saying good-bye, too, a few weeks later. My love and I broke up and we never got back together.

"The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy."---Whitney Houston as told to Diane Sawyer in 2002.

My love for her dwindled the older I got. Her music just wasn't the same. Her life just wasn't the same and I hated the choices she seemed to be making in her personal life. I had always hoped that she would manage to pull herself together and be the Whitney Houston that I had loved and grown up listening to in the '80's. I recorded her interview with Oprah a few years ago and hoped beyond hope that Whitney was finally doing just that - pulling her life together.

Gone too soon.

This is my Whitney.

2 comments: