Monday, February 13, 2012

Thumbs Down To The Grammys

I haven't watched the Grammys in YEARS, peeps! But because I heard that the producers of the show would be including a tribute to my idol who died this weekend, I decided to tune in.

Boy, I wish I hadn't.

Too many people that I've never heard of doing crazy things and singing tacky songs that I couldn't even understand the words to. I mean, how freakin' long have the Foo Fighters been around?! And the Beach Boys and Paul McCartney? Get real.

The highlight of the show for me was the FOUR times I saw Adelle accept her grammys. Oh, and when she sang, too. I really like her, but I wanted to ask her on that second wardrobe change if she was actually wearing a WHITE slip under BLACK see-through net on national TV? And the GUM!!! No, no, Adelle. No gum at the Grammys!

And I was extremely disappointed in Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney. I know no one will ever be able to sing, "I Will Always Love You" like she did, but com'on. Don't drag the freaking song out. Wow us like Whitney always did.

If there is one thing that this weekend has reminded me, it's that death is permanent. There is no coming back. People can morn your death, sing songs and say great and wonderful things about you, but in the end, you're gone. You now only exist as a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment