Monday, January 09, 2012

Roll Tide!!

Last night, Wayne and I were talking about our wardrobe for today. I was "allowed" to wear an Alabama shirt - "if I dared" - to work and Wayne said that he was going to wear a red long sleeve shirt under his brown uniform to support our favorite team in the BCS Championship game. Alise was sitting at the island eating supper and asked if she could wear her Alabama cheer outfit to school. It was a proud moment to say the least! Unfortunately, she's grown a little and the top of the outfit showed a little too much skin, so I told her she could wear the {short} skirt if she found some bloomers to go under it. She wore her Bama Girl t-shirt, Bama cheer jacket, and a ponytail and I thought she looked too cool for school.

As we were walking out the door, she begged to take all her Big Al's to school with her, so of course we had to get a picture of her holding them.
When she walked in her classroom this morning, Ms. H laughed and said, "Alise, you are a very brave little girl today, but I am so proud of you! You look so cute! Roll Tide!!" Well, of course, that's all she needed to hear from her favorite teacher! She also got compliments on her outfit from our friend, Mrs. Karen, in the hall. When I asked her how her day went, she said, "Mama, I said "Roll Tide!" to everybody! That's our girl!

And speaking of Roll Tide, I stopped this morning at Sonic {of course} for Diet Cokes and the guy that took our order was walking back into the restaurant when we pulled into the stall and he saw my front license plate. After he took our order, he said, "Roll Tide!" Made. my. day. THEN! When he brought the drinks to us, he let me have them FOR FREE!!! He said he was pulling for Alabama tonight. Well, that was all the fuel Alise needed! She insisted on calling her daddy at work to tell him about our new friend and good fortune. Of course, he couldn't answer at that time, but she left him an excited message anyway.

BREAD, peeps!

OMG!! Win or lose that just made my day!!

And last but not least, someone graced our door today with a "Geaux Tigers" sign.

Roll Tide, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment