Monday, January 02, 2012

Our First Day of 2012


There were no black eyed peas or cabbage {bleh!} for us on the first day of 2012. Instead, we spent the first day of the new year in our pajamas, napping, watching football, reading, and snacking. We ended the day with a movie, gumbo, and a warm fire. It was wonderful! The perfect way to begin a new year!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We surely did! It was filled with lots of great food and good times with our friends and family.

I realized sometime last week that I hadn't posted pics from Alise's class Christmas party. Here are a few.







And remember the little girls that were upset about their mommies going to an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party without them? Well, here they are! Donned with their pin-the-nose-on-the-reindeer noses.
Tomorrow is the day when our world once again resumes a normal routine. What ever that is, right? Well, whatever it may be, I'm not looking forward to it. I've enjoyed my 8 days off. Even if my six year old dropped her daddy's blackberry in the toilet and lost her tooth. "Lost" as in AFTER the Tooth Fairy visited and left her $5. So much for it going in her baby book!

P.S. I apologize, but I had to "push the button" on my google reader. I was so far behind with reading blogs and I had over 200 posts to read. I'll try to do better.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I am not looking forward to going back to work either.

    ReplyDelete