Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Another Random Post

Another random post but since I've been running around like a rat on crack and I desperately need time to arrange my thoughts, here goes anything!

1. My social calendar is filling up fast. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Good, I guess, because it gives me things to do and keeps me busy with less time on my hands for pity parties, but bad because I DON'T have time to slow down and smell the roses. February and March are nearly booked to capacity - and that includes things during the week, too. Here are some of the things I've got going on: Memphis this weekend; A Night With Nicolas Sparks; pokeno, book club, a shopping trip to Shreveport with Karen, Mardi Gras Parade {which we never go to, but it's still coming up, just sayin'}, Elvis, cheer competition, a baby shower for Tiffany, our school auction, and Jerry Seinfeld.

2. AND on top of ALL that, I have to come up with a First Grade "How To" presentation. And PRACTICE the darn thing AT HOME! Well, actually, Alise came up with her own idea and for that, her mother is very grateful. She has decided to show her class how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which I think is a totally FABULOUS idea because God knows she has eaten her fair share of them {and with the looks of my calendar, will be in the future as well}. Who knew all those nights that I got up during the night to eat a half of a PB&J sandwich while I was pregnant, that Baby Girl would be showing her class how to make one? I find that totally hilarious! Let's hope it's an easy A in reading!

3. Do not keep apple corers in your tupperware drawer. Because one morning while you're looking for a bowl to put you daughter's Taco Soup in for lunch - because she insists on carrying her lunch every. single. day. - you will cut yourself and bleed for two hours like a stuck pig. Enough said {I really don't know how that stupid thing got in there because I never use it!}.

4. My new favorite word is 'fabulous.' Just so you know.

5. I bought myself a birthday present. Don't go Nazi on me, but I bought Lady GaGa's latest CD. I've wanted it ever since I saw her perform on TV on New Year's Eve. I know she's totally weird and normally NOT my kind of entertainer at all, but I really do like her music. It's so upbeat and I like the dance vibe. I like her music as long as I don't have to look at her! Ha! I think I am turning into my mother. She use to say that about my music when I was growing up!

Y'all have a fabulous weekend! I'm headed to Memphis with my man!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun in Memphis! Your calendar is full! Sounds like a blast though. I think Alise should get an A for her how to project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete