Sunday, December 04, 2011

Shop Talk

Who knew that finding a package of farm animals would be so hard? Especially this time of the year? We went to FOUR different stores before we had to cross the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house to finally find some animals for Alise's shoebox project. I told Ms. H last week that I appreciated the opportunity to buy a new pair of shoes. I threw out about five shoe boxes the week of Thanksgiving when I cleaned Alise's closet. So lookie at what I bought this weekend!! On sale, too!

If you're local, two of my favorite stores in Bastrop are having "Girls Night Out" this Thursday. Arnett's and Limetree are promising great shopping and refreshments from 6:00 to 8:00.

Have you noticed the Vahan bangles? I got to see them up close and personal this weekend when Wayne and I went to visit our favorite jeweler. I tried one on and it was gorgeous! It should be because celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Eva Mendes have been spotted wearing them. Makes me wanna break out singing, "Santa Baby...."! Ha!

And speaking of Santa, I want an Eternity Scarf for Christmas! I think they are so pretty!


I finally had some time this weekend to catch up on some of my favorite blogs. So I wanted to share a few links with you that you might be interested in.

Last Wednesday night, I made these for book club. You'll have to overlook all the butter and sugar and try them for yourself. The brownies turned out alot different than I expected...more "spongy"and cake like than "packed/thick" like chocolate brownies. But the icing? The icing is to die for! I've never made anything that required "browned butter" before. Have you? Anyhoo, I got several compliments on how good they were.

I've noticed quite a few blogs joining up with the Nester's "Favorite Things" linky party. Be sure to read about her great idea and check out some of the other blogs that posted their own favorite things. You might score on a few Christmas ideas for that person that has everything.

Miss Janice wants pics of YOUR Christmas tree to feature on her blog. Send her your pics by midnight December 12th to MissJanice@MissJanice.com. I'm sending her mine today!

Kellys Korner is featuring a Monogram Swap. If you have little ones and love monogram clothes, check it out {before your daughter gets too old and refuses to wear them anymore}.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment