Monday, December 05, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Songs

One of our local radio stations begins playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. And I love it, I really do, but by December 22nd, I've had just about all the Christmas music I can take. Just call me the Christmas Music Scrooge after that! But in the meantime, I also enjoy turning on the Christmas music on the satellite and listening while I'm cooking supper or wrapping presents or surfing the internet {and it helps if there is a fire in the fireplace, too!}. It sure beats listening to the Disney channel!

So for now, here are some of my favorite Christmas tunes:

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Rod Stewart & Dolly Pardon

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey*

"Hey Santa!" by Wilson Phillips

"My Grown Up Christmas List" by Natalie Cole

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" by Bruce Springsteen

"Last Christmas" by George Michael

"Do You Hear What I Hear" by Whitney Houston

Do you see an '80's pattern, here?

"O Holy Night" by Josh Groban

"Rocking Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee

"The Chestnut Song" by Nat King Cole

"My Favorite Things" by Lorie Morgan

"I Saw Mommie Kissing Santa Claus" by The Jackson 5

"What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" by Harry Connick Jr.

"Mary Did You Know?" by Kenny Rogers & Wynonna

Anything by Michael Buble {He has a Christmas television show coming on this week!}.

"Where Are You Christmas?" by Faith Hill

And, yes, there's a reason why there's an * beside the Mariah Carey song. This morning on the way to school, Alise and I heard an "updated" version of this song that included Justin Bieber. Oh, yes! Mr. Bieber was rocking the song with Mariah Carey and my six year old was crooning away with them in the backseat. When the song ended, the DJ said, "And there was Justin Beiber...singing a Christmas song with Mariah Carey...she's old enough to be his mother!" Bwahahaha! Then Alise asks, "Mommie, who is Mariah Carey?!" Oh good grief!

I've taken the "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party" invite/post down for reasons that I will share in a future post. The party is still on, of course, and invites have gone out. I'm working on the appetizer list and trying to finish decorating my kitchen - to which I've hopelessly decided that I don't have enough decorations for. However, I'm not gonna let that bother me because the whole reason I wanted to do this was to have a fun time with friends at this most wonderful time of the year! Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. I love your party idea! God willing, next year we'll have a few friends here in north Alabama so I can have one! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete