Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

I want to wish my Mom and Dad a very Happy Anniversary today! They are celebrating 42 years of wedded bliss! Love y'all!! {I wish I could share their wedding picture with y'all, just because it has always been one of my favorite pictures of my parents, but it would not make for a very good mommie/daughter moment, if you know what I mean, so I kinda decided not to do it!}

HOWEVER.....I WILL share a little piece of family trivia with y'all instead!

My parents married on December 6, 1969. Nearly six months before that, my then future-husband was born on July 22, 1969. When I think of that, it brings tears to my eyes because I think about how awesome God is. One of the biggest stories coming out of that year was Neil Armstrong walking on the moon {actually, within days of Wayne being born} and yet while the world was mesmerized with that, God was behind the scenes working good for ME! I hadn't even been thought about yet - as far as my parents were concerned - but God knew! I know He knew when He created the world what His plan for my life would be. And to be able to look back and SEE those events coming together just reminds me of God's hand on my life. And that's one of the reasons I claim Jeremiah 29:11 as my life verse.

The NEXT best thing about today is that "The Help" comes out on DVD and I'm really excited about that! It's on my Christmas list.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your parents!

    The Help is on my list of books to read, but it's always checked out at the library. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to your parents!

    ReplyDelete