Monday, November 07, 2011

Winter Time?

Call me crazy, but I'm really likin' this Daylight Savings Time.

I'm weird like that.

I think it has something to do with me being a winter baby. I just like cold weather, and fires, and bundling up and snuggling. I would rather be cold than hot. There's only so many clothes you can take off in the summer time. And let me just say that there are plenty of people that take advantage of that! You don't see nearly as many tattoos in the winter time.

Unless you're three years old and your mean mama won't let you wear temporary tattoos so you decide to use a rubber stamp instead. And in more places than one {The first time Alise made a straight line was when she was going up her leg "tattoo'ing" herself!}.

I spent nearly all Sunday afternoon cleaning out my closet and changing out my wardrobe to my winter things. I had the official, "Good-bye, Summer! Hello, Winter" mind set. I did keep out a few pairs of shorts and flip flops for "just in case." I just love turtlenecks, sweaters, coats, and boots.

If you ask Wayne if he likes DST, he'll give you a quick, "No!" He doesn't like it because he leaves in the morning when it's dark and he comes home and it's dark. He can't get anything done so he says. And to that I reply, "Who wants to do anything? It's too cold outside."

See, I look at it like even if it's dark when you get home, technically it's really not that late. The sky may look like it's 9 o'clock at night outside, but you still have three hours before it's actually 9 o'clock. Mind games.

And then there's all the winter comfort foods like soups, stews, chicken and dumplings, and hot chocolate. I never crave a salad during the winter.

So even if Mother Nature refuses to cooperate right now by bringing cooler temps, at least my closet is ready!

3 comments:

  1. I love winter, but it takes me a few days to adjust to DST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DST. I need that extra hour. It hasn't gotten cold here yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. clare8:33 PM

    In my son's Kindergarden class I was the mom picked to plan the Halloween party. After much planning the day came and another mom, who never even told anyone including the teacher that she was coming, set up her own tatoo area and was putting them on the kids. A couple of the kids went home with them on their faces. I was mortified. I wish I had spoken up but I was dumbfounded and lost my nerve.

    ReplyDelete