Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pew-Weeeeee!

First of all, let me say how much I truly love my friends! God has blessed with some amazing people in my life and I am grateful for each and every one. Over the past few months, they have been there for me in more ways than they could ever know. And what is so crazy about it, is that they are all so different!! One friend listens and cries with me while I pour my heart out in a coffee shop. Another tells me to "put my big girl panties on and get over it." Someone else makes me laugh at myself and realize how incredibly insane I've been. And yet another friend cheers me every. single. time. I see her and has given me a new meaning to the word, "nastiness." Some of them are older than me, some younger. Some of them I've known for years. Some of them for only a short time. I hope you know who you are.

Secondly, my child went to "the farm" today on a school field trip and came home telling me she "milked a blonde cow" and smelled to high heaven!! Aw, man! I had to roll down the car windows!!

She woke up this morning telling me all about how she was going to milk a cow. Well, I don't think it turned out quite like she thought it would. When I picked her up, she told me it was "the grossest thing." I couldn't help but laugh! Her Papaw Horton would have been so proud.

On the way to school, she had a meltdown because she wanted me to go on the field trip but I couldn't because I had an all day meeting. She started crying and then proceeded to lay on the guilt trip about how I never do anything with her. And lay it on THICK she did. I almost started crying.

So the whole reason for this post is to say that since I couldn't go on the field trip, some sweet friends sent me pics of Alise through out the day and from the looks of things, she certainly didn't need me {and I'm so glad I didn't go since she came home smelling so bad!}!!
Country girl gettin' down on the Farm.

Maybe that should have been the title of this post.

1 comment:

  1. I milked the cow. A.J. made me. I agree with Alise. It was pretty gross! LOL!

    ReplyDelete