Monday, November 28, 2011

Manic Monday

By 10:30 this morning, I was clicking my boots together three times and screaming like a three year old, "I wanna go home! I just wanna go home!"

It never fails. You take a week off from work and the place seems to go to pot! Or to hell in a hand basket. Which ever works.

The best thing that happened last week in my absence was that my trash can - that I purposefully left outside my office door - got emptied. An empty trash can was waiting for my return with open arms!

That and an employee showing me an ultrasound of not one, but TWO heart beats. Yes, she is most definitely pregnant. WITH TWINS!

So then it was off to meetings and catching up on gobs and gobs of emails. I thought last week was suppose to be slow? Maybe I didn't get the memo.

As usual on Mondays, I work through lunch so that I can leave early to take Alise to cheer practice. I also started back on my diet today and needless to say, I was starving by 10 o'clock. I had an apple for lunch.

Then, when we got home, I got the nasty-graham about a particular first grade project that I've been dreading since Alise's end of the year kindergarten program. Seriously. I've sweated and lost sleep over this project and spoke too soon when I told someone, "I think we got out of it." When am I going to learn to keep my mouth shut? So I happily texted Wayne and said, "This one's yours, Buddy!"

So now I'm looking at a mountain of clothes to fold. And when I get done with that, I'm calling it a day and hoping tomorrow will be oh-so better!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping tomorrow is better! I need to get on a diet myself. Good for you for sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete