Wednesday, October 05, 2011

This Weekend's Recipes

I wanted to share the recipes I made this weekend before I forget and wonder three months from now, where did I find that recipe I made for such-n-such? My blog is also my recipe box. I just label the post 'recipes' and when I want to find it again, I click on the 'recipes' label on the right side of my blog. You can find my recipes that way, too.

Pork Tenderloin
Melissa made this one night for book club and it was amazing! So tender and perfect. When I make this, it makes my whole house smell good! I usually make two so that later in the week we can have bar-be-que pork sandwiches.

3-5 lb pork tenderloin {I buy Tyson}
1 bottle of Italian dressing {I use zesty Italian}
1 cup water
bacon
Tony Chachere's
salt and pepper to taste

Salt and pepper tenderloin and then sprinkle with Tony's. Wrap tenderloin with bacon and put it in the crockpot. Drench with dressing and then add water. Put the top on the crockpot and let it cook 4-6 hours. After it cooks, I like to broil it in the oven for a few minutes so that the bacon gets crispy.

How stinkin' easy is that?

THAT was Sunday lunch!

And THIS was the potato casserole we had to go with it! Now, I took a few short cuts with this one for shortness of time. I used thawed hash browns, left out the chives {because Walmart didn't have them Friday night}, and kinda halved the whole recipe but it was still mmm....good!

How did God know that apples and snickers would go so great together????!!!

Instead of caramel apples, try this recipe the next time you get the craving for Fall Food!

And then slap yo Mama.

Or even your mother-in-law will do!

And then I made some chocolate chip cookies for Alise and a friend on Saturday, but there's nothing special about that. They were the "pre-frozen-just-put-me-on-a-Pampered-Chef-stone-please" kind.

I am so thankful that I'm feeling a little better and seem to be getting my cooking mojo back again. I've missed cooking and baking. A few weeks ago, I couldn't have said that. I think it's the time of year more than anything, though. I love Fall!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I had a rough couple of weeks myself. Glad you're baking. I can't wait for cooler weather and chili and hot chocolate kind of nights.

    ReplyDelete