Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Kissing Contest

I thought this was so fun and interesting! Me being the history buff that I am {I would have been a high school history teacher if God hadn't had other plans!}.

Although none of us were even alive during the second World War {my dad wasn't even born yet when the war ended}, we've probably all seen this picture of the celebratory kiss in Times Square. Go here to read the entire story of the famous photograph and also learn the identity of the two kissers.

Fast forward sixty-six years, and a gentleman by the name of Dennis Koller sponsored a kissing contest in San Francisco to mark the anniversary of the famous kiss. Read all about it here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I have seen the photo. What a neat story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and posted the name just for you haha! Oh and I swear I spent half an hour today reading about this kiss picture;)

    ReplyDelete