Sunday, August 07, 2011

The Cat's Out Of The Bag

If you've been following me on Twitter, you probably saw a tweet about two weeks ago that went something like this: "Pool kit is on the way!"

Yes, friends, WE'RE GETTING A POOL!!!

And so is everyone across America, it seems, because delivery is taking much, much longer than we had hoped! The kit arrived later than we expected and our liner did not ship at the same time. It's suppose to be here tomorrow.
This was the pool spot last Monday before any work began. And those three trees toward the left have been cut down to make extra room for concrete.

This picture was as of last Tuesday evening. I was totally shocked when I pulled in the drive way and saw the outline of what is to come. All of this was done in one day and we felt like we were on a roll!

Look at all this dirt! The construction is driving me crazy!! Waaay too much dirt! And chaos!!

On Thursday, the kit arrived and I was shocked again to come home and find this waiting for me. So excited!!

Another pic with the steps. We decided to put the steps on the side. It looks so big!!

Me in the shallow end.

And Wayne in the deep end. That's the one and only time you will see him in the deep end.

In case you're wondering where Alise was during all those pictures on Thursday, she was at cheer practice so she had a BIG surprise waiting on her when she got home. She asks everyday when "her" pool is going to be ready. We're hoping it will be finished next week...just in time for school to start!

Tomorrow, the crew will concrete the braces around the pool and begin work on the liner when it arrives. We are SO stinkin' excited!!

8 comments:

  1. OK, you'll have to fill me in on all the details...if you don't mind! We were just talking about a pool kit the other day but weren't sure how that worked. Do you buy the kit and then hire a separate crew to install it? Where did you get it??? I desperately want one but we aren't sure how much the final cost would be and that scares us! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and YAY for you! Great summer parties ahead I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous! There aren't many in-ground pools in this area, perhaps because it gets so cold? I'd love to have a pool, but our yard isn't big enough :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are going to have soooo much fun! I am really jealous! You have such a lovely spot to put the pool too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I like it. You'll get a lot of use out of your new pool from years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! I great way to beat this heat! I know you are super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky duck! You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How neat! I've never seen one put in. You are going love having a pool!! Hope I get invited over lots!!

    ReplyDelete