Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Orange Julius Recipe



When Wayne and I were in Memphis a few weeks ago, we walked past an 'Orange Julius' stand and he commented that he hadn't had an Orange Julius drink in forever. So a few days ago, I broke out my old cookbook for the recipe and thought I would share it with you!

This recipe is well over twenty years old! My brother and I use to go to day camp during the summer and once a week, we got to "cook" in the kitchen. This was one of the recipes we made.

So here is a GREAT way to beat the HAWT days of summer! Cool off with an Orange Julius!


1 6 oz. can of frozen orange juice, thawed

1 cup of milk

1 cup of water

1/4 cup of sugar

1 teaspoon of vanilla

12 cubes of ice (I'm not sure where the number 12 came from)


Mix all the ingredients in a blender and serve.

3 comments: