Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Key Lime Pie Recipe

This past weekend, I was craving an old recipe from my Weight Watcher days {about 10 years ago}, and I realized that I had not posted it here on my blog. I like to post my favorite recipes here because it's so much easier for me to go back and find them. I'm not very good at keeping a recipe book or box. Some bloggers like to have a separate blog for their recipes, but I feel like I'm doing good these days just updating one, so I just lump everything here. However, if you would like to check out my recipes, you can scroll down and find the 'Recipes' link on the right side of my blog, click on it, and it will show you all the recipes that I've ever posted. Just in case you're interested.

Now for that recipe!

I discovered my love for Key Lime Pie - like I said - in my WW days. This pie is so creamy and tart that it's absolutely perfect for hot summer days! I hope you enjoy it!

Key Lime Pie

1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
1 pkg sugar free Lime jello
1/4 cup boiling water
1 8-oz Fat Free Cool Whip
2 Key Lime Pie yogurts (I use Yoplait's Fat Free Yogurt)

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Stir in yogurt with wire whisk. Fold in Cool Whip with wooden spoon. Spread in crust and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy.

The 'wire whisk' and 'wooden spoon' may seem a bit silly, but it's what helps give the pie its light and airy taste.

I've made this pie twice this week! I hope you love it as much as we do!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm Key Lime Pie gives me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love key lime pie. It is perfect when it is so hot outside.

    ReplyDelete