Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is "Ben-ifer" Back?

So it looks like quite a few things happened over the weekend while we were in Memphis!

I was in Cleveland, Mississippi, when I got the news that Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez had split. Thank you very much, Twitter. Specifically, People magazine.

Wow! I was a little shocked, I guess. I mean, didn't she just boogey-it for her man on national television at the American Idol Finale?! I want to just slap him and say, "Look, dude! You're married to the 'Most Beautiful Woman In The World'! What is wrong with you?"

But apparently Marc Anthony isn't in to beautiful women. You'll remember that he was married to Miss Universe and split from her to marry Jennifer.

If you ask me, I think he's a wimp.

I mean, he's just....boney and thin and just not that darn attractive to me. Personally, I don't think he could handle all the hoopla that Jennifer was getting.

Which brings me to my next point. I hear Ben Affleck is back in the picture.

Remember "Ben-ifer"?!

But this time around, Ben's married. To sweet Jennifer Garner. He has two kids with her.

Oh, well. That's never stopped Hollywood before.

But Ben sure is a whole lot better looking!

So after taking in all the true-blue Memphis sights late Friday night, Wayne and I slept until 9:30 Saturday morning! Do you know how long it has been since we've slept that late? Both of us? Normally, we have to play rock/paper/scissors as to which one of us is getting up with Alise on Saturday mornings, so Saturday was bliss.

And things got even better when I showed up at my spa appointment and found this:

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening shopping at the Galleria and various places that we don't have where we live. I FINALLY found some bar stools at a store called "Garden Ridge," but Wayne was worried about getting home with them because we didn't have anything to tie them down with. So....I did the next best thing and Googled for stores in Louisiana and there is one in Shreveport and Alexandria. Needless to say, we will be making a trip there in a few weeks.

We had a very late dinner at Abuelo's, my favorite "out-of-state" Mexican restaurant. The food was delish and I just didn't want the night to end. I was having too much fun with my man!




And then, there I was! After 11 PM on Germantown Parkway, sitting in the truck, listening to the radio, while Wayne filled up the gas tank. The DJ announced that Casey Anthony had just left the Orlando jail.

What a shame. What a cryin' shame {More on Casey Anthony soon in another post}.

While we were packing up Sunday morning, we had the TV on CNN and we watched her leave the jail like a million times. Some people thought she was smirking when she left and others thought she was remorseful.

I couldn't get over the huge police officer that followed her out with the machine gun!!

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, after all that you said in that post, the only thing I can focus on is that delicious looking food. Of course, I would, since I'm dieting. Glad you had a great little get-away. And I have to agree, Marc Anthony is not attractive at all. Must be his fame that draws the women to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK many thing to say here haha! A: I agree about Marc Anthony. What is his problem? Sorry his career stinks and his wife's is awesome. B. I LOVE Garden Ridge but I'm a little tickled you went there haha;) It's in an old crappy part of town but borders on a VERY good area (East Memphis). C. Next time don't go to Wolfchase Galleria. Go to Collierville Carriage Crossing Mall. Girl I will plan your next trip to Memphis just tell me when haha! Seriously I take Lawson to Garden Ridge sometimes just to walk around and play b/c there is so much fun stuff in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks so delicious!It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete