Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

As I post this, Wayne and Alise are outside for some late night firework action. Lots of poppin' going on at the Rammer Jammer House!

We had a GREAT 4th of July! How was yours?

I woke Alise up rather early because I wanted to hit the big sale at Belk and Alise wanted to go to Target to pick out a new bikini, cover up, and beach towel for the 4th of July party at our friends, the Henslee's. I had promised her Chicfila chicken minis if she would hurry, but when we got to the mall, they were closed. We were SO disappointed, so we had to settle for Sonic French toasts sticks instead. Bleh! But we were the first crazy people in Belk this morning, if that counts for anything! I got a TON of stuff at Belk for $140! I was so excited! Then we went to Target and Alise picked out a navy and white polka dot two-piece. Yes, she is my child!

We came home, took naps, and then I made baked beans and Apache Bread to carry to the party {And for those inquiring minds, no, I did not make the flag cake this year because Angie and Robbie's neighbors were making their out-of-this-world peach ice cream and who needs flag cake when there's homemade ice cream?}. The food was delish! Robbie did a great job with the grilling!

All the kids had a great time swimming, but would you believe that clouds began rolling in and it actually started lightening? That's just very unpatriotic on the 4th of July!!

Here's me and Angie before the party. I read on one blog I follow that if you put your hand on your waist it makes you look smaller. Ha! So anyway, Angie and I tried it. Do we look skinny or what? I just love her new hair do! I think it makes her look so young and hip! And I love the blonde!








Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th! It looks like you all had a great time! I need to practice putting my hands on my hips. Maybe it will help! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like u had a fabulous 4th of July!! I always stand with my left hand on the left side of my waist!

    ReplyDelete