Monday, July 25, 2011

Exasperating

After this weekend, my wooden spoon has taken up permanent residence in my purse!

And that's all I'm gonna say about that!

Except to say that I actually used the word, "exasperating" to Alise this weekend and she looked at me like, "What are you talking about? What does that mean?"

I first began showing signs of exasperation around noon when our PF Chang waiter informed us that the manager would not let us use two free lettuce wrap coupons even though our group was sitting at two tables {pushed together} and we had two separate checks. I kindly {so I thought} asked to speak to the manager and suffice is to say, we were able to use not one, but BOTH our free lettuce wrap coupons. Thank you very much.

Alise quickly found out the meaning to "exasperating" when I pulled over Sunday afternoon IN. A. CHURCH. PARKING. LOT. PEOPLE. and wore her fanny out! Lucky for her, my wooden spoon was not in my purse yet, but I just knew passerbys were probably jotting down my license plate number so that they could call the Department of Social Services.

Actually, I felt pretty safe turning into that church parking lot and spanking my child. After all, it was God's house and surely He knew just how exasperated I had become! While I was spanking her, I even had flashbacks of my own mother taking me out of church and spanking me just outside the church doors as people drove by.

Can I get a witness?

So much for not taking after my mother.

The GOOD news is that I don't have to remember to charge a DSI every night AND I don't have to listen to the Disney channel for a WHOLE week!! Yay, me!

And if I evah mention the words, "Baby Fever" again, someone please slap that notion right out of my head! 'Cause after the weekend I had, it ain't happening!

5 comments:

  1. We have had a weekend like that ourselves! I completely understand! It must be the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha sorry but I am having one of those days myself! Our wooden spoon spends a lot of time in my purse these days as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for not only spanking your child, but admitting to it! It seems like these days so many parents are afraid to touch their children. Sometimes a kid needs their butt spanked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! OH we have had several of these weeks lately. The wooden spoon is a pretty permanent fixture around our house as well. I'm hoping our baby boy won't have near the attitude Jayci has...Man It drives me INSANE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. clare4:19 PM

    Now that is the best idea I have heard in a long time...I know my purse has a bit of available space!

    ReplyDelete