Thursday, July 21, 2011

Caylee Anthony Law?

When I started this post a few days ago, I had originally considered going in another direction with it. But after thinking about it, I decided that I would give you the opportunity to read for yourselves and draw your own conclusions.

On our way back from Memphis Sunday morning, Wayne and I stopped at a gas station in Tunica, Mississippi, and bought the Memphis based newspaper, 'The Commercial Appeal.' I read an article titled, "'Caylee's law' bad response to Florida verdict" by Mr. Sanford.

Here is what I emailed Mr. Sanford:

Good morning, Mr. Sanford.

My husband and I visited Memphis this past weekend and on our way home, we stopped at a gas station in Tunica to fill up our gas tank and buy very un-nutritious breakfast items. We live 4.5 hours away and I had forgotten my Kindle at home and already read the latest issue of People magazine on the way up Friday night. My husband thought The Commercial Appeal would last me the rest of the way home.

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your article in Sunday's paper and thought that it was dead on. So much so that I read it aloud to my husband as we drove back to Louisiana. I am a professional that works outside the home so I did not watch the trial on television {A professional that gets the majority of her information from People - Ha!}. As a mother of an only daughter myself, the absolute worst thing that I could not get over was the fact that Casey Anthony waited 30 days to report her daughter missing. For me, that fact alone had guilt written all over it! It is an absolute shame that lawmakers now want to pass legislation that dictates when parents must report their children missing. Love alone should immediately report a missing child.

I visited The Commercial Appeal website today because I wanted to reference your article in our personal family blog, but I was unable to find it. I was wondering if the article is available online and if I could have your permission to reference it?

Thank you again, Mr. Sanford, for your timely article of truth.

Here is Mr. Sanford's article. Please read and feel free to leave your comments.

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same way. I thought I lost Lawson one time in the Children's Museum for about 2 minutes and I really thought my heart was going to stop. I think people who are not parents do not necessarily understand how strong the urge is to be with your children and protect them. That is how I knew something was terribly, terribly wrong with Casey Anthony. I think our justice system really let us down by letting her go free and I already decided I won't watch any specials about her, won't buy any books, watch movies ect....anything that she might profit from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. I cannot imagine a parent not reporting a child missing. It is inconceivable to me. That is a parent's worst fear. I don't want to read any of her books or watch any of her movies either. I don't want her to make any money off of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:15 PM

    http://www.change.org/petitions/caylees-law-please-take-time-to-sign-this-petition-for-caylee-marie

    ReplyDelete