Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Summer Is Already Busy!

I feel like I have been MIA lately but the truth is we've been so busy!

Alise has lost the arm brace and was able to play in her t-ball game last night for the first time in six weeks. She played so well...getting two runners out. She has two more games next week and then the season is over. And it's a good thing because it is SO HAWT outside!! Good grief! Alise goes back to cheer practice tomorrow night. I am so glad to be getting back into our routine! She's been going to Bible School this week with her cousin and my mom and every day she comes home singing songs and doing the motions. She's loving it! Yesterday, I took Alise to a local photographer for a photo session of her in her flower girl dress. Oh. my. goodness. I better bring the whole bank with me when I go back next week to look at the proofs! The photographer showed me some pics off the camera and I nearly died right there, y'all!!

Wayne had a truck load of d-i-r-t delivered to the house on Monday evening, so he's been playing in the flower beds. Break out the tractor! We're hoping to finally plant some things this weekend.

I have been hanging out at Pinterest and reading. Love, love, love pinterest! It is so addictive! As for the reading, I don't know what's happened to me, but all I want to do after Alise goes to bed is curl up in our bedroom with my kindle. Today was my first day back at work in six days and I stopped by Home Depot on my way and finally picked a color to paint my woman cave. It's called "creamy buttermilk" by Glidden {nearly all the paint we used during our remodel was Glidden}. I'm hoping to start painting it this weekend! I'm decorating in the Vera Bradley pattern, Very Berry Paisley. I plan to frame some of Alise's art work from school and hang in there.

I promise I have a whole post coming about the wedding this past weekend, but I just can't seem to find the time to upload all the pictures I want to share! Alise did so good standing up there with those - count 'em - 10 - yes, 10 - bridesmaids this past weekend! I was so proud of her! When I saw her walking down the aisle with the ring bearer, I just cried. She was a beautiful flower girl! And she was the life of the reception! The first to hit the dance floor when it was time and would have danced all night if I had let her! My Baby Girl is just breaking my heart! And just think what I told her on Saturday! I said, "Alise, after your photo shoot on Tuesday, you can start wiggling those teeth all you want to!"

I can't believe I said that!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you guys have been busy. So glad she could play in her ballgame. I bet she was beautiful in her flower girl dress. I completely understand about breaking the bank.

    ReplyDelete