Monday, June 27, 2011

Clueless and Undecided

My sweet readers crack me up!

Who knew that so many people cared whether or not I had another baby?!

I got so many encouraging emails and funny texts, but I think what surprised me MOST were the words from my dear one-child-only-thank-you-very-much friends! They felt so "betrayed." Ha!! And I really didn't know that I had so many friends that had only one child.

Well, since I opened this can or worms, I might as well share with you where we are on the subject {And contrary to what SOME people think, I do NOT share everything on my blog!}.

This past weekend, Wayne and I had a "date night" to discuss our second child plans. Well, it wasn't all we discussed {we talked about buying Alise a DSI - which we did for a belated birthday present - and how we were going to spend our week of vacation at home and just postpone a weekend trip to the end of summer}.

And this is pretty much how our conversation over our steaks went:

Me: Do you wanna?

Wayne: I don't know. Do you wanna?

Me: I don't know. What do you think?

Wayne: I don't know. What do you think is best?

Me: I don't know. What do YOU think is best?

Wayne: I don't know. How's your steak?

And that's it. We left the restaurant that night the same way we entered: clueless and undecided.

But one thing we DID decide on is to pray about it and just see what God wants for us and for our family. And right now, that's enough for us. We are so happy with the way He has blessed us, that Wayne and I can't imagine our lives any better. But should God decide other wise, we'll know and obey.

Hugs and love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm just catching up here! I definitely think you should pray about it! I have been completely fine with only having one, but lately I have been thinking I may want another. Then I talk myself out of it. Then Andy talks me out of it. So, I am praying and whatever will be will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Wayne sound like Thara and me. We weren't sure if we wanted to go from 1 to 2 either. We prayed about it. Both are a blessing. Love just multiplies somehow. When we had 1 we didn't know how on earth we could love another so much. Let me just say, you just do. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny! that is how our conversations on having number 3 go around here! blessings as the lord leads you to the best decision for your family!

    kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee...I can't wait to see what God has in store for you all...new baby or not. ;) But your such great parents!!!!

    ReplyDelete