Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Then & Now

If you've been following my blog for very long, you probably remember me {casually} mention that Alise's kindergarten teacher was MY kindergarten teacher 33 years ago. The year would be 1978 to be exact. Gosh, just seeing that year makes me feel old!

So when school started last Fall, I asked my mom to see if she could find my old kindergarten school and class pictures. Mom came through and now I want to share them with you.
So what do you think of me and Alise? Do we look alike? I wish she hadn't been cheesing it.

And this is her class picture with Mrs. M. 2010. Again, her picture taking technique is a little off. She told me she was "squashed."

And this was MY class picture in 1978-1979. Can you find me? Weren't we a good looking bunch?

7 comments:

  1. I love the comparison. I do think you all look alike. I think she looks quite a bit like her dad too though. Those pictures are precious! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all just fabulous! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wild that you both had the same teacher! I think she is a mix of both of you. How fun to see the different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A looks so much like you! It's adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,
    I love your blog and your new template! I do have to say its almost like her teacher needs to do a double take because you two seriously look alike! I love the comparison in photos between parents and their children! I think its so fun! Even more fantastic you two share the bond with having the same teacher! She must love her job teaching kids for that many years! How awesome!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great comparison. I do think you look alike. It's obvious that class sizes are shrinking.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie10:00 PM

    I haven't seen that picture in years! Doug laughed when I showed him! I had on panty hose!!! I loved them- what's up with that??? And, you and those squeeky scissors!!!!! UGH! :) I can't believe Alise had Mrs. M! I just love her! My mom is retiring from teaching K this year and had her last graduation Friday-My papaw's 84th birthday! Two important events, and I missed both...makes me sad!!! Thanks for cheering me up with the pictures! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete