Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

What a whirlwind of a weekend!!

First of all, Happy Memorial Day!!

And thank you to all the veterans and men and women currently serving in the military. Thank you for your love of country, your patriotism, and for fighting for our freedoms.

I have been reading Laura Hillenbrand's new book, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption and I have been brought to tears by the pain and anguish that men have suffered so that I can enjoy the freedoms that I have today. May we never forget.

{And for those of you that know me, you know that this novel is TOTALLY out of the ordinary for me, but it has been listed on the best seller lists for weeks and it a wonderful read. I fully expect it to be made into a movie. And Ben Affleck or Matthew McConaghey playing the lead role would be right up my alley!!}

Secondly, I have SO. STINKIN'. much to share with you and I promise posts will be coming soon! But today we've decided to spend the afternoon with our family and friends - and that involves Butterfinger Ice Cream - so I will be back tomorrow to "regal" you with all the details!

I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment