Friday, May 13, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation Blues

Kindegarten graduation is a little over a week away, and I'm already feeling the blues.

I just don't think I'm going to be able to handle it very well.

On Wednesday when I took Alise back to school after her doctor's appointment, her classroom was empty. She told me that she thought her class was in the cafeteria practicing for their program. So I helped her into her cowgirl boots and hat and off we went down the hall. She was walking ahead of me and as I watched her, I noticed how grown up she looked. I opened the door for her and caught just a small glimpse of the program.

And then I high-tailed it outta there before I was in complete meltdown mode.

What is it about kindergarten graduation that has mommies like me blowing snot into a whole box of kleenex? My friend Angie told me that she boo-hoo'ed so much last year at M's kindergarten program that Robbie told her she was embarrassing him!

For me, it's like the end. The end of no homework, and pretty dresses, and new colors, and nap times. The end to hugs at the classroom door, Princess backpacks, and Heaven forbid anything monogrammed. Good-bye to smiley faces on papers and the weekly 'kinder-gram.' The end to itty-bitty tables for desks and centers for playing.

{Sniff}

So to try and keep myself busy next week so I don't have to think about what's around the bend, I've decided to make these for all the moms in Alise's class who will be snorting and blowing snot right along side me at the program. I thought they were such a neat idea and since Alise's program has a western theme, I plan to wrap them using some bandana paper and raffia. Too, too cute! Thanks, Alexis!

Heaven help the person who beats me to the first row on Graduation night!

4 comments:

  1. I was dreading A.J.'s program too. They don't really do a graduation though. So they just sang some songs. Last year at his preschool graduation I lost it. This year, it was just fun! Thank goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee Haw! I love that you are going to do it with bandana paper and raffia...Genius. Can't wait to see them.
    xo,
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking about you this week. MK has preschool graduation and I am dreading that. I know I will cry too. It is an emotional time. I can't believe how big MK is getting. It happened so fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm horrified by the fact that I'll have a teenager 14 years from now and I haven't even given birth.

    ReplyDelete