Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

Get your party hats on, Peeps!

Tomorrow is Cinco De Mayo!!!

Woo-hoo!!! Can't you hear all the cheers and just see all the confetti flying through the air??

Yeah, well. At least I'M excited!

I tell Wayne all the time that God made me a Mex-talian. That would be half Mexican and half Italian because I absolutely LOVE Mexican and Italian food. Love, love, love it!! This Mama can put away some chips and salsa - let me tell ya! And spaghetti, too! So yummy!

So I'm getting things ready for hosting some friends over tomorrow night for a little Cinco de Mayo bash and I wanted to share a few things with you.

First, if you ARE getting together with friends to celebrate, you might consider this AWESOME recipe for Fried Ice Cream! MAN!! I wish I had found this post sooner!! {You may have to scroll down to find the recipe. Blogger is not my Cinco buddy tonight!} The kiddies would have LOVED doing this one! And I wouldn't have minded eating a little Fried Ice Cream myself... But alas, I've already been to the grocery store and I really don't want to go back. So put this one down in the recipe books as a keeper, Peeps, because I just know it's a good one!

Also, please go visit my Cousin Mirya's blog and read her recap about the storms and tornados that hit Cullman, Alabama last week. I just cried as I read her post. It is so devestating to see the pictures and yet she was right back out there helping her community recover a few days later. Mirya is my new hero! If you would like to make a monetary contribution to the recovery efforts, you can here.

Happy Cinco De Mayo To Everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Think I may need to swing by to try that cake...(-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mexican food! I'd love to have a margarita today, but I'll settle for iced tea instead. :)

    ReplyDelete