Friday, April 15, 2011

What I'm Lovin' Friday

Hello Everyone! I hope you are getting ready for a fabulous weekend! Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out what I'm lovin' this week! With everything that has happened, I'm surprised I had the time to pull this post together. Regardless, I hope it gives you some great ideas and wonderful blogs to visit. Let's get started! Have you noticed the "Keep Calm" pictures and sayings all over the internet? I first started noticing them last Fall when designers were coming up with their own slick sayings. I saw this a few weeks ago at Target and I have kicked myself ever since for not buying it! And of course, when I went back, it was gone. I think it would look SO cute in my Woman Cave. Me love some cupcakes! I'm in a party mood! I'm ready for Easter and Cinco de Mayo! This coming from a Mama that decided in January that I wasn't doing the whole birthday party thingie for Alise's May birthday this year. I just didn't have it in me. But THIS post just might make me change my mind!! Love, love, love this idea for party invitations and party. The whole color scheme matches our kitchen and the rolling pin invites are just too stinkin' adorable. Alise loves to bake and I can see having a few close friends over to gather around the island to bake and EAT! And speaking of parties, are you ready for the "Royal Wedding?" I cannot WAIT to see Kate & Wills tie the knot! I remember watching Diana & Charles tie the knot in the summer of 1981 and witnessing what I thought was a real-life Cinderella story. The Princess married the Prince and they lived happily ever after. Well, not quite, but at the time and for this 8 year old girl, it was. If you are a crazy royal watcher like me, you can check out all the wedding details here. And I can't get over all the people that are having "Royal Wedding Watchers Parties"! I'm like, why didn't I think of that? In case you're wondering what I'll be making this Sunday afternoon in my "happy place," you can check it out here. My friend Carrie - who now lives in Oklahoma - made a recipe similar to this years ago and it was oh-so good!! Yummy!! The only thing is that I absolutely HATE baking with a bundt pan. Because when I do, the cake always - repeat, always - flops! I've tried everything and it always falls apart. But I'm still gonna try it. {Disclaimer: After starting this post, I actually tried this recipe earlier in the week for friends and it turned out wonderful! It came out perfect and tasted great!} My favorite craft of the week comes from All The Small Things, a blog that I actually found just this week! Love all the craftinest! Is that even a word? Anyhoo. Check out these amazing Easter Soda Pops! They are just too cute to drink, I think, but perfect for a fun Easter party with friends and family, don't cha think? Wouldn't these look cute "buried" in a bucket of ice for the picking?! Woooo!....I am just cracking myself up today! I found a new site that I think I am eventually going to love called, Pinterest. I say "eventually" because I haven't had time to really play around with it, but the concept is great! The site allows you to save the things you love from the web. You can organize your favorite pictures in to different categories and share your interest "boards" with others. Check it out! So, like I really didn't want to spend $150 for a REAL Clarisonic. Everyone I know was asking Santa for one for Christmas last year and so I asked for the red Kitchen-Aid Mixer - that I LOVE! - instead. Well, now, it's been a few months and everyone is going on and on and on about how great their Clarisonic is and how amazing their skin feels. Whatevah. So I went cheap and bought the Dove version of it a few weeks ago and I must say that I really like it. Not quite enough to shell out $150 bucks for the real thing, but happy enough to confess I paid $30 from Walmart. Truth is, I love the results I get from my Philosophy products so much that I just don't feel the need right now for the other. But ask me again when I'm 60! This year, I plan on making Resurrection Cookies/Easter Cookies with Alise the Saturday night before Easter. I first heard about Resurrection Cookies in a book that I was reading by Sheila Walsh. She made them every year with her son and I thought it was such a great idea then and now that Alise is getting older, I think this year would be the perfect time to share this with her. If you're not familiar with Resurrection Cookies, you can go here and read all about it. What a neat way for bakers to share the Easter story with their children! And start an Easter tradition! And speaking of Easter, I plan on taking a blog break beginning next Thursday through Monday in order to spend time with my family and prepare for Celebration Sunday. All our beliefs as Christians are summed up in that one day and I want to be able to experience all the joy and hope that the Easter Day holds because we serve a RISEN Savior. If you don't currently have a church home, I want to encourage you to attend one on Easter Sunday with your family or friends. You won't regret worshiping the One who sent His only Son. "For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the things you love this week - I have saved most of these sights so I can continue to look in on them!! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness., thanks so much for mentioning my cooking invitations!

    ReplyDelete