Tuesday, April 05, 2011

As Promised

Here is the competition video I promised on Sunday.
video

To top things off, I had a really, really, really bad day at work on Monday. So much so, that I didn't even go walking like I normally do while Alise is at cheer practice. I stayed home and dusted and mopped our bedroom - if that's any indication just how bad my day really was!

So anyway. Wayne picked Alise up from cheer. I get a phone call on my cellphone and it's Alise and I hear this screaming in the phone and I can't understand a word she is saying. I thought they had had an accident or something. So I finally get her calmed down enough to hear the word, "back hand spring." I said, "What did you say, Alise?" "Mommie, I got my back hand spring tonight! I got my back hand spring!! Coach Alex asked me if I wanted to try it and I told her no. Then I thought about it and I told Coach Ashley that I was ready and she spotted me, but she really didn't, Mommie, because her hand was real far away from me and I did it THREE times!" I was estatic!!! So thrilled!! Ya'll just don't know how hard I have been on Alise to at least TRY IT!! And then! The day after Nationals, she does it!!

My Baby Girl made my day end so happy!! I just love her!!

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute! And did such a great job!!

    Congrats to Alise for getting her back handspring! Alise will be one of the girls flipping around the stage during their next routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Alise...and to you! I know you are a proud mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is precious! Good Job Alise. I didn't get your e-mail. I am sorry I missed you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in tears! My little doula baby is so capable and growing up into a fine young lady. *sniff sniff* I am so proud of you both. :)

    ReplyDelete