Friday, March 25, 2011

What I'm Loving Friday

Spring is definitely in the air! I see it every morning on the hood of my car! Ha! Try explaining pollen to a five hear old.

So I had some time this week to catch up on my blog reading and I've got some great ideas to share with you!

Hippity, hoppity, Easter is on it's way! I am loving these cute, cute personalized Easter Bunny Shirts from a fellow Louisiana sista. But if you're like me, I'm having a hard time getting Alise to wear anything monogrammed or embroidered anymore and it's breaking. my. heart. Do you hear me? So I found these adorable Easter - ahem! I mean peace sign - shirts here and here. As of late, that's more like her style. If you prefer crosses - which is truly the meaning of the Easter season - there are also some great monograms for those, too!

You know I couldn't make it through a "What I'm Loving" Friday without mentioning food. So here it is! For all you red velvet fans and me, too, how awesome is this Red Velvet Trifle? WITH butter icing! It doesn't get any better than that!! And what I like most about this treat is how it was served! In a wine class. Who woulda thunk? Talk about Happy Hour!

Ya'll! The next Baby Shower I host, I am SOOOO going in this theme! I have seen Milk & Cookies Showers (and even birthday parties) popping up all over the internet!! I love the old fashioned milk bottles and the idea of gifting a new baby with a library of books is just so awesome! Love, love, love this!!

I stumbled across this fantastic blog this week. Here's your sign: "Give your home a voice." I just love that! I love words and signs! It gives your home or room "personality." I remember the first time I had ever been in a home that "had a sign." Wayne and I had only been married a few months and we were at a Sunday School class party in our teacher's home. Mrs. Fincher had a sign in her kitchen that read, "Thou Shalt Not Whine." Love it. I plan to do more of this in my own home!

And speaking of decorating with words, I found these lovely chalk and magnetic boards on Etsy this weekend when I was surfing for all things Easter. I think these would look so wonderful in the kitchen or foyer table to welcome guests. Don't you?

Have ya'll noticed that Chips Ahoy is staging a new line of cookies? I saw Heath Bar cookies and Reese cookies in our local grocery store a few weeks ago. I actually bought the Reese ones and the fam loved them!

Are you looking for some free printables for Easter? I am "in charge" of the Easter party for Alise's class in a few weeks. I'm surfing for ideas. I'm sure there will be an egg hunt or two involved!

And lastly, if you would LOVE to win an Anthropologie apron, visit this blog. Envy My Cooking {Kitchen} is one of my favorite blogs! They are so fresh and I love getting ideas from others' kitchens. Plus the recipes are awesome, too, because they are from readers just like us! Check it out and have a MAHHHHvelous weekend!! Love to all my readers! You guys are awesome!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! can't wait to actually have time to check out the links! you know that I always love your fave Etsy shops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE you blog! So glad I found you through Kelly's Korner blog! Also love that you share my curly hair!

    ReplyDelete