Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Strawberry Trifle

As promised, here is the recipe for the scrumptious Strawberry Trifle I made this weekend! You will need:
1 angel food cake
2 containers of strawberries (There is only one pictured above for a reason :) )
1 large box of vanilla instant pudding
2 containers of Cool Whip

As for the Cross, it stays on our island throughout the Easter season as a reminder of why we celebrate. It represents the hope we have of seeing our family and loved ones again and since I was making this at the island, I decided to include it in the picture.
Don't these look delish? For all you local readers, I think Sal's Strawberry Farm is gearing up to start selling this week!! Woo-hoo!
And THIS is why there was only ONE package of strawberries above. I kinda got ahead of myself and began slicing strawberries before I even thought about taking pictures. After I sliced the strawberries, I added a little sugar to sweeten them up a bit.
Mix the pudding as directed. Fold in about 1/2 or 3/4 of one container of Cool Whip.
Layer in a trifle bowl the angel food cake, strawberries, and then pudding mixture. You should have enough for two layers of each. Chill several hours before serving to allow pudding to set. Before serving, top with Cool Whip and garnish with extra strawberries. Enjoy!

And here is the finished dessert. Sort of. I apologize for it being nearly gone, but we had friends over Sunday night and as you can tell, it was a huge hit! Everyone loved it! So light tasting and perfect for Spring {and strawberry season}.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

I'm linking up with these fine folks this week!
this blessed nest



7 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I love strawberries! So glad it is spring time again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! Those strawberries look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish! Wish I was a neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.YUM!

    i love trifle anything. but strawberries are my fave. looks wonderful.

    thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Cant wait for my strawberries to get here. I will be making this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love trifles and strawberries...can't wait for strawberry season! Must try this!
    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete