Wednesday, March 09, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Ideas

Be on the lookout for any little leprechauns headed your way! They love to wreck havoc and turn your day - March 17th - upside down! Thanks to the "Leprechaun Hunt" that Alise went on last year in Mrs. L's class, they rank right up there with the Tooth Fairy & Santa Claus!

Here are some great ideas I found to celebrate the day:

Photo courtesy of Disney Fun Family
Love, love, love these rainbow cupcakes! I plan on trying these for Alise's class on GREEN day!

Many sites that I found suggested making green macaroni and cheese, green pudding and green milk. I may be Irish from my maiden side of the family, but I'm not ready to eat green mac and cheese! And I'm definitely not in to corned beef and cabbage!

But I could SOOO go for this Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert! It's GREEN, isn't it?

Photo courtesy of Family Corner

And here is another great idea
from a blog that I love to visit for all her neat party ideas.

If I can find some cute St. Patty's Day cellophane bags, I'm going to do this for Alise and her classmates: Fill the bag with a rainbow assortment of Skittles with a note that reads, "It's a rainbow! A colorful treat! A leprechaun left it, just for you to eat!" That would make a cute snack for them to have after nap time!

And now, an old Irish Blessing to all my readers. This is my blessing for you:

May Love and Laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment