Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hello Spring!

What did you do this weekend to welcome SPRING?

Can you believe that a month ago we were buried under the frozen tundra? Ha! Well, not really, but it was still c-o-l-d!! Wayne got a phone call this weekend from a friend that lives in Wyoming and it was 28 degrees and snowing there. So much for Spring in Wyoming!!

I celebrated SPRING today by making a delicious Strawberry Trifle! Yum, yum, yummy!! About this time every year, I get a little giddy about strawberries.

And let me just say that the clerks at our local grocery store totally rock! As the clerk was ringing up my purchases, she saw the strawberries and angel food cake and asked, "Are you making a strawberry trifle?" When I answered yes, she asked, "Well, I think you forgot the cool whip." Sure enough, I had and went running all the way to the back of the store to get it. She was so nice to hold the line for me. Now THAT is customer service!

Just look at this southern goodness!!
I'll be sharing the recipe later this week so stay tuned for how to make this light and spring-y treat!

I also drove all over kingdom come looking for Boston Ferns this afternoon! With the warmer weather, I guess everyone had the same thoughts I did! I finally lucked up and found two and I snatched them up before anyone else could. With our house, I really need six of those suckers to stretch across the front porch, but it will just take some time. Right now, I am happy with two.

Wayne spent all weekend putting vinyl siding up under the porch. He did a great job! Can't wait to get our porch decorated for this summer with new columns, lighting and shutters!

In case you're wondering what Baby Girl did this weekend, she went to her first sleep over BY HERSELF! If you remember, last Fall, she was invited to a slumber party for a friend, but I had offered to stay the night and help the mom with 25 - yes, 25 girls! So THIS weekend, she went to her "official" first sleep over and she was SO excited! They went to sleep at 12:30 and woke up at 6:30. Alise had so much fun, but she was so exhausted!We also had a birthday party for a sweet friend Saturday morning! Fun times at our church's new Children's Wing!!Loved the Birthday Girl's shirt! Her mom bought it off Etsy.
Align CenterMy friend, Cyndi, totally rocked the cake! It was SOOO good!!
Happy Spring!!

2 comments:

  1. Those strawberries look delicious! Wow! Alise is a big girl now if she went to her first slumber party! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make the trifle? I have a flat of strawberries coming.

    ReplyDelete