Monday, February 28, 2011

What I'm Loving

My boss gave me the best news this morning! For a Monday morning, that is. I had a 9:00 meeting with her {who in their right mind scheduled THAT, I have NO idea!} and as she was walking out, she said, "Ya know? We have that meeting with our whole department scheduled on Wednesday afternoon, would you like to bake something for us?" Would I?? I guess you could say that I'm the Betty Crocker of the bunch and no one seems to mind at all when I bring stuff to the office. So then I spent the rest of the day trying to decide WHAT I was going to bake! Another King Cake? Cookies? Cupcakes with that new butter cream icing I've been dying to try? I'll let you know what I decide.

I can't believe that today is the last day of February. Are you ready for Spring? I'm not sure if I am yet. I guess I'm not sure because I know that after about two weeks of "Spring-like temps" here in Louisiana, it's gonna get HAWT. And I don't like to glisten {aka "sweat"}. But speaking of Spring, Alise is out this week on break. I don't ever remember getting out this early for Spring Break, but she is and donning the shorts and t-shirts and flip flops to prove it. I'm hoping I can pull her out of her flip flops and shorts long enough to have professional pictures made in her flower girl dress. I just have this look in my head of what I want for the picture. I'm in the early stages of planning the picture collage for the stair case and I'm hoping to use a picture of her in the dress as the focal point. But if the way she was twirling in the bridal shop last week is any indication, I should be able to just say "flower dress," and she'll come running! Ha!

And speaking of Spring, you might be interested in checking out this Fling every week in March for lots of ideas!

this blessed nest



For all you local readers, Paul Michael's has all their spring merchandise and accessories out. Lots of cute, cute Easter things, too. I am in love with their white stoneware line and monogrammed dish towels. Be sure to check out the cute aprons, too. Fortunately for me, Alise likes going in this store because she likes looking around for all the cats. Yes, I said, cats. The store is known for its 2-3 felines that roam the store and they even have their own "alley" in the back of the store {for marked down merchandise}. We make a game out of shopping there. {I was not paid to plug Paul Michael's, but I wish I was. Just sayin'.}

And to my baker readers, I have something for you, too! Go here to enter to win the mother-of-all baking give aways! I would SOOO love to win all that great stuff!! Hurry because the give away ends on March 2nd.

Speaking of baking, check out this most awesome Toy Story 3 birthday cake!! Could that thing feed like 1,000 people or what? If I had a little boy, we would just have to make that thing happen. In chocolate, of course.

And last but not least, these cute "new" canisters made me wish that I hadn't sold my old set in a garage sale last Fall. I can't believe I parted with those babies because Wayne bought them for me before we even got married. Anyhoo, how great do these look? I never would have thought about doing something so frugal and cute!

Three more things: I love this site for counting calories. I used it two years ago when I started dieting and I started using it again today to get rid of those three measley pounds that I've been battling since after the holidays. Documenting everything you put in your mouth really does help you lose weight.

I am loving GoodReads.com. The thing I like most about it is that when I hear about a book I want to read, I can go here, find the book, and add it to my "must read" list. No more writing the name of a book or author on a sticky note and trying to find it months later. I'm not much for writing reviews, but if you are a member, look me up and we can be "friends."

And lastly, I'm loving this site to store all my recipes that I've tried {or want to try} online. The thing I hate most about trying a recipe online is being able to find it again {because I do a whole lotta looking}. So now, I can store my favorite recipes and share them without having to type it all out again.

And these are just some of the things that I'm loving today!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:49 AM

    I WOULDNT MAKE THEM ANYTHING. It seems to me they ask for something out of the blue, and expect you to take your time away from your family to make bake them something heck no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great baker and "cooker" as MK would say. You will make something great. I like the idea of storing the recipes on-line. That is a great idea. Wish I get to Paul Michaels this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you are going to bake! I had GRAND plans of baking this weekend but have been MAJOR sick! Playing catch up on my blog reading since I still can't go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOOOO ready for spring around here! I love Spring! I also love your fun list!

    ReplyDelete