Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Ideas

Okay. So I'm through with the food posts. For now, anyway.

So like Valentine's Day is a month away. Have you started thinking about it?

Last year I ordered these Valentine cards for Alise to hand out to her classmates. I got them from Etsy. They were so neat because her class mates got to "scratch off" who the valentine was from. If you're interested in purchasing some of these and you can't find them on Etsy, email me and I will find out who the seller was.
I decided to stick with custom made cards again this year, but I let Alise have a say in the design {I did last year, too. I don't want you to think that my daughter doesn't have a choice in anything}. She chose an "ice cream" theme and the Valentine's read "You are so cool!" I got them from this Bama native {of course, I didn't know it at the time} and she was wonderful to work with! Lots of designs and choices!

Last Fall for the Halloween party, I used this Etsy seller for the goody bag/candy toppers. I love her work and we're actually discussing the designs for the Valentine goody bags now. I was wondering if she had larger bags {the bags come with the toppers which is awesome in my book!} because I had bought some pencils and other bigger things to go in them and she does! I'm not in charge of the Valentine party at Alise's school, and you know it's about to kill me! But I know the children love to get goody bags and they love to pass things out to their classmates. I haven't decided what I am going to do for Alise's teachers. In all honesty, my "crafty mood" has been replaced by my "reading mood." I've been enjoying my kindle very, very much!

I'm doing a little Valentine decorating around the house, but not to lengths that I did for Halloween or Christmas. Just a little "flash" of pink and red in places {I told someone that after I took the Christmas decorations off the light over the island that it looked so bare because it had been decorated since October!}. Pier 1 has a pink and red heart felt garland that I plan to get this weekend for $4.95. I couldn't find a picture of it to share with you, but ya'll know how I feel about Pier 1! They also have red heart placemats {similar to the pumpkins I bought in the Fall} for $2-$3, too!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! It looks to be another quiet one for us! Whatever you do, stay warm!

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you said something about Valentine's Cards. I would love to have some made like Alise's were last year. Those were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so sweet! It would be so fun to have personalized valentines for the boys to hand out!! Something to think about :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The study is called Here and Now, There and Then a Beth Moore dvd study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your personalized Valentine cards for Alise last year and just remembered I was going to do them this year! Thanks for the reminder!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get those scratch off Valentine's Day Cards? I think they are so cute and fun. I have been thinking about the class party - this post really gave me a kick start to start firming up my ideas.

    ReplyDelete