Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Next "X" Years

Last week while I was reading in Blog Land, it hit me that another decade had passed and the world was about to embark on another one. A decade. That's TEN YEARS, peeps! We've gone from "MM" {That's the number 2000 in case you aren't familiar with Roman Numerals} to "MMXI." Maybe you saw it on Google and wondered, what the heck?

So I got to thinking.

Ten years ago:

-I was 27 years old. Married 5 years and childless.
-The BIGGEST concern in the entire world was "Y2K" and whether or not the world was going to come to and end.
-Wayne and I rang in the new year in 2000 with him sick-as-a-dog in the recliner with the flu.
-I had just started my "career" with a local hospital.

Then I got to thinking some more.

My proudest moments of "MM" were:
-Being blessed with a precious Baby Girl in 2005.
-Skiing with Wayne in Breckinridge, Dillon, & Frisco, Colorado in 2004 to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary {a year early}.
-Taking Alise to Disney World to celebrate her 4th Birthday with the Princesess in 2009.
-A Godly experience that took me all the way to Rome, Georgia in 2006.
-Buying a new home in 2010.
-Watching my baby brother get married in 2003.

Of course, I'm sure there are TONS more I could list in both categories but these were the ones that came to mind. Having said that, I am excited about the things that God has planned for our family for the next "X" years!!

And speaking of New Year's, here are 6 Other Things Dropped on New Year's. I found this fun and interesting! The 'Peep Show' was my favorite!

4 comments:

  1. Nice post. I may do a similar one. Maybe if I get around to it. hehehe
    I lived in Rome Ga for 2 years as a teenager! Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. You must come back to GA soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous post! It is good to go back and reflect. You had some great things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool post. It inspires me to think about what happened to me in the past ten years. The most important was probably my retirement. That was six years ago and I like it more every day.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete