Wednesday, January 19, 2011

National Popcorn Day

Okay, obviously there's not a whole heckuva lot going on right now in our little world if all I can come up with for a mid-week post is "National Popcorn Day." But hey! What can I say?

And I wouldn't even KNOW it was National Popcorn Day if I hadn't gotten a tweet about it.

And then I remembered this little jewel of a post that I had planned to tell ya'll about {soon....when I could actually come up with enough words to congeal into a post}. So now that I know it's National Popcorn Day, it's the perfect time to show it to you!

I can not WAIT to make Valentine Confetti for all my special friends for Valentine's Day! Who doesn't like popcorn and M&M's?? I love the combo and I'll tell you a little secret. When I go to the movies, I actually sneek in some M&M's to go with the $10 tub of popcorn I buy! Love the stuff!

And with candy melts on top?? Who comes up with this stuff?! Obviously, they don't live at my house. This is also the perfect way to finish using up all that almond bark I bought at Christmas time!

Enjoy!

{And it just hit me that I'm back on the food wagon again! Sorry!}

5 comments:

  1. My mom makes me a popcorn cake for my birthday every year. Popcorn, melted butter and marshmellows, peanuts and m&ms. Combine in a bowl, mix up, then let cool. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love popcorn. Didn't realize it was National Popcorn Daycare. No wonder they served it at Awana tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are dieting at our house, but I MUST make this before long. M&M's and popcorn, two of my favorite things.

    Thanks for the tip.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone gave us a tin of this last Christmas but they called it "White Trash." I like this name much better.

    All of the sudden I think I NEED to make some of this...if my memory serves correct I think I ate most of the contents of the tin myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had commented before, but I guess not! I love popcorn and LOVE that popcorn confetti!! Will have to try that one!!

    ReplyDelete