Monday, January 10, 2011

Cheering Is Our Game

Last Thursday night, Alise's squad got to perform during half time at a local basketball tournament. Now, before you watch the video, I have to say that the girls were awesome, but because I kept the camera on Alise, you can't see all the tumbling that some of the other girls did. The video just doesn't do the squad justice because they really did do well - very much improved from a month ago when we traveled to south Louisiana. Alise raises her arms and turns around at the beginning of the video and behind the girl that jumps up and down with excitement. Oh, and that was NOT me hollering in the video, either.
video
Alise has met some A-mazing friends through cheer!With Coach Ashley. Ashley is a senior and Alise's tumble coach. She thinks it is so amazing that Coach Ashley is on a competition team, too. Alise loves to watch her perform because she is a flyer and of course, Alise wants to be a flyer, but I'm very thankful she isn't!Alise's cheer coach, Alex. She is wonderful with the girls and is a former competition cheerleader, too.This picture was taken before the squad ran out. I loved seeing Alise talking to her friends and whenever she stands with her arms crossed, it reminds me of my late father-in-law.
I have to say that it was SO strange sitting in the gym of my old high school. Even a little eerie. Never in a million years did I think my daughter would be cheering for my ala mater {well, not really, but you get my point}. When I left school 20 years ago this year {to be exact}, I was moving to Colorado, never getting married and never having kids. I wanted the career. So it's even more amazing that God had totally different plans for me that resulted in so many more blessings than I could have ever imagined!

6 comments:

  1. It really surprises me that you never wanted to get married OR have children when you left high school. It's so uncommon to see a young woman with those kinds of ideas. I'm really glad that He had other plans for you, because you are such a wonderful wife and mother!!! :)

    Alise's little cheer squad is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Here we go Alise, here we go! {clap, clap} Katie loved watching Alise's performance. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so precious! Alise is a doll in her cheer uniform. I bet it is surreal seeing her at your school cheering. Pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an old retired cheerleader, I really enjoy these pictures of Alise cheering. Thanks for sharing.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura!! I'm back to blogging! It's been awhile since I've visited your blog! Alise has grown so much :-) Your new house is fabulous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She did so good! I know you are one proud momma. Isn't it neat how things work out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete