Thursday, January 06, 2011

All About Alise

Some of my family seems to be going through what I like to call "Alise withdrawals" because I haven't posted any pictures of her lately. So heads up, this post is all about my favorite little girl!
Hanging her stocking on Christmas Eve. We currently do not have a mantle - it's a project for this year - but Alise was wanting to "hang" her stocking on something and decided to hang it on the stand next to the fireplace. Can you believe I found red and hounds tooth stockings in Louisiana? Next year, I plan to get them monogrammed. I bought these just a few days before Christmas and I didn't have time this year to do it.Hanging out with Jack for the last time and leaving cookies and punch for Santa on Christmas Eve.Jammin' with her guitar on Christmas morning. The girl thinks she's Taylor Swift with her guitar and microphone these days!Wayne and I got each other Alabama house shoes for Christmas. Actually, I didn't know I had bought him some until he told me Christmas morning, "Oh, by the way, you got me some, too!" when I opened mine!A picture of our family that Alise drew during the holidays. I love it!! She kept asking me, "Moma, what color do you want your hair? Do you want curly or straight hair? What color do you want you dress?" Too funny. I love the black and white she "dressed" Wayne in! She knows her Daddy too well!And this, dear friends, was the HUGE jar of pretzels that I got at Sam's right after Thanksgiving. Would you believe I actually used them all in some form or fashion? I just knew we would be eating on those things until July 4th!!Sunday morning before church. It was oh-so cold that morning!
By Sunday afternoon, the temps had warmed enough for us to work in the yard. If I had a dollar for every leaf we have in our yard, I would be a gazillionaire!! Oh, my goodness at the leaves!! Of course there was NO way we could get the entire 2 acres cleaned up in one afternoon, but we worked in the backyard because that's where Alise normally plays and the ground needed to dry out underneath the leaves. And we also wanted to get rid of any snakes, but we didn't find any. Thank goodness! Do you like how she wears her "skinny jeans" to do yard work?!And this was Monday morning before we headed back to school and back into our normal routine. I just love that snowman dress. She insisted on wearing the boots and dog ears in her hair.I nearly started crying when I opened Alise's backpack on Monday evening. Inside was her very first report card. It came in a small brown envelope just like mine did over 30 years ago and the handwriting was just the same. Alise made all S's and Wayne and I were SO proud of her. We told her we would reward S's and A's on report cards so she's excited about getting BABW or money to ride the carousel. Mrs. M wrote, "Alise is doing such wonderful work. She is a true leader and always knows what to do. I'm very pleased with her progress in reading. She always does her best work, loves to participate and always brings happiness wherever she is."

Could I ask for anything more? I am so blessed to be her Mommie!

6 comments:

  1. You aren't supposed to touch Elf on the Shelf! He loses his magic and can't fly back to Santa if he's touched!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left Santa punch?? No milk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! Alise is growing so fast! She is a big girl. I love her stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Alise! Love the dog ears & snowman dress. Glad y'all had a great Christmas & Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet girl! What a great report card! We get our 3rd 9 week report card tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I wish I had her hair color! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete