Wednesday, January 26, 2011

365 Ways To Use Vapor Rub

Not really.

But I have to say that I counted it all for joy when I read Big Mama's post that she, too, reeked of vapor rub!!

Finally, someone feels my pain!

I kid you not! One night last week, I had gone to the grocery store and Wayne had the job of putting a very congested little ruler-of-our-household to bed. As soon as I walked through the door - in the kitchen, mind you - I could smell vapor rub. I asked Wayne, "My goodness, what did you do? Bathe her in the stuff?"

Ugh, ugh, ugh!

Did I ever tell you about the time when Alise was three years old and she got into the vapor rub prior to us leaving for a church activity and since we didn't have time for a free-for-all bath time, I simply dabbed her with a wet washcloth and out the door we went? I heard the couple sitting in the pew behind us say, "Do you smell vapor rub? Somebody wore vapor rub to church!"

I casually slid under the pew while my daughter danced in the aisles.

I'm serious.

It was a kids' activity in the sanctuary.

We don't dance in the aisles of our church.

Normally.

Unless we're wearing vapor rub.

So like I really could probably {My old English teacher is rolling over in her grave right now} regal you with 365 ways to use vapor rub because I just know that Wayne has the book, "Grandpa's Book of Household Remedies." It's around here somewhere, but I seem to have misplaced it in the move. Ya know? Because I'm so in to 'household remedies.' Maybe it's with all my cookbooks? I'll check and if I find it, I'll just blog another post entitled, "365 Ways To Use Vapor Rub Part 2."

In the meantime, I will leave you with yet another true story about vapor rub.

One of the UPS drivers that Wayne works with SWEARS that vapor rub cures ALL ails by putting it on the bottom of your FEET at night and then covering your feet with SOCKS!!

I'll let you find out if that one works or not. {Updated to add that Big Mama posted yet another post and mentioned putting vapor rub on her daughter's feet, so if Big Mama says it, then it must really work! I think I'll wait until I'm on my death bed before trying it!}

So there you have it! Your mid-week post from The Horton Family.

Looks like I'm sinking deeper and deeper into a blog rut if - in one week - I've gone from "National Popcorn Day" to "365 Ways To Use Vapor Rub." I think it's the fumes. I promise to be back to my normal self soon!

6 comments:

  1. Haha this made me laugh! I've always wanted to try the feet thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thats hilarious about the church incident! and i have never heard of putting it on feet? so weird .. and yeah I think I'll pass on trying it any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends says to put the stuff on your feet and then SWALLOW A SPOONFUL!!!! I will put it on my feet but I don't know if I can swallow it!!! YUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used it on my feet with socks and it really does work. I have done that with my girls too. Somehow the smell moves up and it helps you breathe better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband's mother had them "eat" vaporub. I always tease her about it. I guess it didn't hurt them any.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicks on the feet works. Yes, it's weird. Yes, it shouldn't work. But it does. And you wake up with soft but smelly feet.

    ReplyDelete