Thursday, December 09, 2010

We Still Say, "Merry Christmas!"

I saw a sign in Kirkland's a few weeks ago that said "We Still Say Merry Christmas!" and when I went back to get it, they were all gone. I'm seriously considering having someone paint a sign with that phrase on it to display with our Christmas decorations every year.

Our family doesn't say "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" and I refuse to buy anything that doesn't say "Merry Christmas."

That's how we roll.

That's how our family keeps Christ in Christmas.


Thank you for your sweet comments and emails about my decorating. I told someone the other day that it's just going to be a work in process. I could spend a fortune getting everything just like I want it, but isn't that the fun part of doing something "new" every year? Some of you have asked about the front door. My mom actually helped me with it and we plan to "re do" it after the holidays, but we attached the mesh ribbon to a grapevine swag for some "backing." We bunched up the mesh and attached it to the swag with pipe cleaners - which I have discovered are a girls' best friend if you're decorating! Our roll of mesh was very wide, so we folded it in half, bunched it, and then attached it. Depending on how big or "poofy" you want it to look, depends on the bunching. I used ball ornaments to "fill in" any gaps. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I probably didn't do a very good job explaining it.

I'm a little behind with posting pictures so here are a few:

Ms. L and EC gave Alise an early Christmas present - a monogrammed gingerbread girl shirt! Alise loved it and is so excited to be twinkies with one of her best friends!
Add Image
I picked up this stocking stuffer at our local Hallmark store. Alise is going to love this!! She loves to help me bake cookies and getting to bake and assemble her very own snowman is going to be a big hit!!
Last week Alise and I borrowed this book from the library and it is now one of my favorite Christmas books. It's short, simple message is timeless for all children as well as adults. I just love it!
Of course, our Christmas would not quite be the same if Jack hadn't shown up again this year!! Jack loves to help keep a certain little girl in line! Speaking of which, Alise is obsessed about getting lumps of coal for Christmas.Our Christmas would also not be complete without red velvet cake on beaters to lick.

I am SO excited about this weekend! I'm going to bake, bake and bake. And when I'm finished with that, I'm going to bake some more! Got a few new recipes I plan to try but it's not like they're Martha Stewart or anything like that! I promise to post pictures and recipes next week so be sure to visit again.

Have a Holly Jolly weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips on your front door decorations. I will have to try that. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips on the mesh. I bought a couple rolls (red & green), but don't see putting them up this year. You'll find out when you read my new post.

    Love, love, love the cookie cutter! I love little things like this.

    For the past several years, I've noticed myself collecting religious Christmas books. I haven't seen this one, but I'll have to check it out. Right now, me & Katie's favorite to read at night is "The Three Gifts of Christmas" by Jennie Bishop. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worked for a popular big box hardware store as cashier manager, we had to encourage a cashier to say Happy Holidays because she started wishing people a Merry Christmas the 2nd week of November.

    ReplyDelete