Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa & Lots of Baking

Our friends Angie and M invited us to eat breakfast with Santa this morning. The girls were SO excited - and a little nervous! It was so sweet to see the smiles on their faces.


M came home with us and kept Alise entertained while I did some baking. I didn't get everything done that I wanted, but I plan to do some more things through out the week. I mostly wanted to bake enough to fix a tray of goodies for the teachers at Alise's school and for work on Monday.
I dipped some Christmas pretzels in white chocolate and sprinkled red and green sugar on top. I also dipped some red velvet cake balls.
Chocolate chip and Christmas M&M cookies. I also made some Kiss cookies and Reindeer cookies.
These Peanut Butter Blossoms are always a hit! Wayne loves them and so do my employees. They were also big at the Bama v. LSU party.
And these Pecan Tarts were the first "new" recipe I tried this year. An employee requested them and they look like little mini pecan pies! Delish! Here is the recipe:

Pecan Tarts
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. + 1 T. butter, softened
1 c. sifted flour
1 egg
3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 t. vanilla
dash salt
2/3 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325F. Combine cheese, 1/2 cup butter & flour {I didn't sift mine}. Mix thoroughly and chill, covered, 1 hour. Divide into 24 small balls and press into sides and bottom of 2 ungreased minature muffin pans. Combine egg, brown sugar, vanilla, salt & remaining 1 T butter; beat until smooth. Sprinkle 1/3 c. pecans equally into 24 tart shells. Divide egg mixture equally among 24 tarts, pouring on top of pecans. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 c. pecans on top of tarts. Bake 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.

What goodies are you baking this year for Christmas?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been busy girl. Everything looks so good. The pecan tarts are delicious! I love 'em.

    Katie is suppose to see Santa at Peggy & Millard's next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alise looks so cute sitting on Santa's lap. Love all of your desserts! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like you did quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so yummy! I am not baking this year b/c my pregnant self doesnt need the extra calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so some how I managed to delete you off of my blog profile. I have been looking and looking for blog pots and just thought you'd stopped for a while. I am so glad you commented on my post so I noticed!

    Now I have to make up for some lost time and read all your past posts! Ha

    ReplyDelete