Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let The Christmas Countdown Begin

There are only FIVE more days until Christmas! Are you ready??!I'm pretty sure I'm finished with my shopping except for stocking stuffers.
I'm hoping the dollar bins at Target are still full.
I know. "Wishful thinking," right?
Alise and I stayed home all weekend and baked. We did a little cleaning and got the house ready for a visit from Santa and Rudolph.
Alise said, "We don't want Santa to think we have a dirty house, do we, Mama?"
A girl after my own heart!

On top of the baking I did this weekend, I made a big ol' pot of this!! Oh my goodness! Talk about slappin' yo Mama!! It tastes so much like Wendy's chili and I didn't even put the beans in it! We Horton's just aren't bean people.

{And in case my husband is reading this, I fully expect there to be a Southern Plate recipe book under the tree come Christmas morning!}

I also want to share these ornaments with you!I love, love, love these ornaments! I saw them last week at a local Boutique store and bought my boss one {and I've got one on my Christmas list, too!}. They are hand-painted and tell the story of the birth of Jesus. I would love to have all of them.

Enjoy the last few days before Christmas! I have a feeling they are going to FLY by!!

4 comments:

  1. I am eagerly waiting for this day have a long list of the things i want to do on this day.
    home jobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am down to stocking stuffers too! This year, December has just flown by. (I made your red velvet cake balls. They were a big hit. People had had them before, but not red velvet.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cartoons. I wish my daughter (she's 8) was worrying about the house being clean for Santa! Cleaning is on my to do list this week. I am down to wrapping and a trip to see Santa - & the cleaning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm ready as well. Like you, I just need to pick up a couple stocking stuffers.

    I love the ornaments, we have the train Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go . . . and when he is old he shall not depart from it." I was introduced to them a couple of years ago, I think. I had to break down and get one last year.

    ReplyDelete