Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Holiday

And I don't have a single picture to prove it!

Can you believe it?

I know I always say that if you don't have a picture then it really didn't happen. But you'll just hafta roll with me on this one!

This is how we spent our Thanksgiving Holiday:

1. A quick haul to Natchez to visit the Kellys Kids outlet with Lauren. Eva and Alise went with us and I must say that they were very good for the two hour drive both ways. They even let us shop, but the pickings were few. I was excited to get a blue and brown giraffe dress that I've been wanting for Alise so the trip was worth it.

2. Our church's new children's building opened and it is just awesome!! State of the art center complete with an inside playground and cafe area. Alise's Sunday School class is upstairs and she thinks she is so "big" now because she gets to take the elevator.

3. All day Christmas and house shopping with Shane that included cute boutiques in Bastrop, Crossett and Hamburg, Arkansas. I bought a mirror for Alise's room and Christmas decorations for my front door. Shane helped me finish decorating Alise's room and bathroom and I am so happy to have that finished (except for the canvas, Natalie!) Pictures to come fer sure.

4. A Pampered Chef party at Mrs. L's on Tuesday night. We had a great turn out and wonderful food! Who knew you could cook a pork tenderloin in the microwave in ten minutes? I was a little leary just because I normally like my meat well done and this recipe did NOT disappoint! SO tender!!

5. A girl trip to see "Tangled" on opening day! Lots and lots of girls and their mommies! And my new favorite princess movie!

6. Thanksgiving Day was spent with my family. My brother and his family were in and I got to meet my nephew, Baylor. Such a sweet baby! We stuffed ourselves silly but I found myself coming down with a sinus infection.

7. I sat out the Black Friday shopping this year and decided to clean the house instead. But actually, Wayne was the one that got up and faced the crowds at 3 AM! We watched the Alabama v. Auburn game that afternoon and then went to a surpise birthday party for our friend, Chad, that his sweet wife Jannah gave him. Fun times!

8. I got lots of Christmas decorating done. The tree is up! I decided the new house was no longer a place for a Victorian Christmas tree - the mauve and cream would totally clash with the red - ha! - so I totally re did the whole thing with $5 boxes of balls and $1 ornaments from Walmart! I still need to work on the top {I said good-bye to my angel this year, too}, but I promise to post pics soon. I think it turned out very pretty, but Wayne told me it was "plain."

9. I did very little of going through the moving boxes that are upstairs. Every box that I "emptied" I filled right back up with Fall and Christmas things that I plan to put in a garage sale. So, needless to say, I wasn't able to throw any boxes away and that was kinda disappointing.

10. I filled my "baking tank" with brownies and cookies for the Pampered Chef party. I made my chocolate pie and green bean casserole for Thanksgiving, but other than that, that's all the actual cooking I did. That is, unless opening a jar of spaghetti sauce on Monday night counts!

And I know I said I didn't have any pictures, but this was actually taken at Alise's Thanksgiving Day feast at school. It was the first and last picture that I got that day. My camera died.

Check out Kristen's Gingerbread Giveaway here! I love all her creations!! I bought a Christmas frame from her last month to go in my kitchen.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for stopping by and catching up with us!

3 comments:

  1. Alise is a cute little Indian. I had two Thanksgiving feasts at school in one day. I think those are my only Thanksgiving pictures too. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I can't believe your camera died!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alise looks so precious in her costume! We ate our selves silly here too for Thanksgiving. It was ridiculous really. I bet Baylor is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete