Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Swoop

A few weeks ago, I descended on Toys R Us with coupons in hand and swooped up Alise’s Christmas presents.

I was outta there in thirty minutes!!

AND that counts the time it took the clerk in electronics to find the blu-ray version of Toy Story 3!

I guess I have my daughter to thank that I don’t have to stand in really long and cold lines on Black Friday to get the toy-of-the-year. Why? Because she simply doesn’t play with toys!

Never has. She’d rather color or draw or be right up under my arm pit!

I’m not bashing my daughter.

I’m simply stating a fact.

She’s never been one to “play” by herself.

Now if she had a friend over, THAT’S a totally different story!

She’d even go upstairs with said friend without even stopping to THINK about the ghosts and monsters that live up there the other 99.9% of the time.

So thanks to this book, I was able to go ahead and get her toys out of the way.

Wayne and I will buy her big gift closer to Christmas from either Sam’s or Academy. It's a trampoline!

And then when it comes to the puppy that she's asked for two years in a row..... Whell. That’s all Wayne.

Heaven help me! I can’t believe I am agreeing to a pet.

So all but the big thing{s} and stocking stuffers are left.

Yay, me!

P.S. The only bad thing about the Christmas swoop is that I tend to be one of those people that “over buys” and so when Alise decides on even MORE stuff she wants Santa to bring her, I’ll feel like I have to rush right out and get those things, too. That’s called SWOOP FAIL.

P.S.S. And here is an early Christmas present to all my readers! You may have to check back often to catch your favorite stores' Black Friday Ads, but here is the official site. Have fun shopping!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Usually I already have half my shopping done by now, but I am really slacking this year! Hopefully that will be fixed this weekend!!! I'm not a big Black Friday shopper...I'd rather pay more than be out in that mess! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I'm so excited. I just found out that my cousin and her eleven year old daughter are coming to visit me the day after Thanksgiving. Guess who is making turkey cupcakes for dessert. I think even my 86 year old uncle will like them.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done a better job this year of shopping ahead of time. I still have a few things to buy the girls. At least their teachers and my buddies have Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting a puppy??

    ReplyDelete