Thursday, November 18, 2010

Alise's First Bama Football Game

To say she was excited would be SUCH an understatement!! Her first words Friday morning were: "When are we leaving?" Alise did really well with the 4.5 hour drive to Tuscaloosa. We made a few stops along the way including a quickie at Miskelly's to look for furniture.

That night, we caught Alabama's season basketball opener. Alise was so in her element - or her own little world! She cheered and clapped and kept her eye on Big Al!

At half time, Wayne asked me if I was going to try and get a picture of Alise with the cheerleaders and Big Al. I know ya'll are going to think I am out of my mind {which I am!}, but earlier in the week, I called the BAMA cheerleader office and asked if the cheerleaders would be available for pictures at the football game. That's how I found out about the basketball game. But there were ushers and policeman walking around and our seats were not close to the cheerleaders, so I didn't think I would be able to. Wayne thought that I should try anyway, so Alise and I headed over to the section where they were and a very nice usher allowed us to go down to the bottom of the arena. But it was SO loud and there was no way that I could even holler to get the cheerleaders' attention. I saw a paramedic standing nearby and he asked me if I wanted him to call some of the cheerleaders over. I said, "yes" and he kindly got two to come over and pose with Alise. She was in Heaven!!! Unfortunately, Big Al decided to take a break {I guess} because after half time, we didn't see him anymore. But as we were walking to the truck after the game, two Bama dancers were in the parking lot and they posed for pictures with Alise, too. They were very nice and asked her what her name was and really talked to her. She loved that!
On Saturday morning, we met up with Doug, Mirya, and Katie. We had lunch at Superior Grill and shopped for Bama stuff. Ya know? Like we don't have enough t-shirts, and cups and junk like that already!

Finally it was game time! I loved watching Alise taking it all in. She was very quiet on the way to the stadium, which is so unlike her. She asked several times when we were going to the Quad to see the cheerleaders, but when she saw the stadium, she said, "I don't want to go to the Quad anymore." She was very nervous climbing the spirals to get to our seats. She didn't like looking over the edge at the sea of crimson below as much as Katie did!

And the girl cheered!! And cheered and cheered! She cheered for McElroy, Julio Jones, and Kenny Bell. She screamed, she hollered, she did all the motions and tried her best to get Cousin Katie interested. Alise absolutely LOVED the game!


Afterwards, on the way back to the car, the girls even got to see Santa Claus!! He was all decked out in white and crimson said, "Roll Tide" to the girls and gave them high-fives. They talked about that for hours!

I'm taking a blog break next week to spend some time with Alise while she is out of school. My family will be in town, too, and I plan to get a jump start on my Christmas decorating {although I already feel behind because it seems like everyone I know already has their tree up!}. So I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble till you Wobble!!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Alise looks so cute in her Bama cheerleader outfit! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 'Bama day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! There is no doubt, Alise was born to cheer for the University of Alabama one day. You do know that right?

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Loved the little cheerleader. If you happen to check back in here, what did you use for the face on the turkeys? Vanilla wafers?

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable. She's so into it huh! (: Cute cheerleader outfit too!

    ReplyDelete