Monday, September 20, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Last Friday's pep rally theme was "Jungle Day" so my little monkey decided to wear her zebra print pillowcase dress and leopard flip flops to school. Yes, a zebra dress and leopard flip flops. Don't ask. There are just some battles not worth fighting. Especially on a pep rally Friday.To celebrate, I decided to make monkey cupcakes for Alise's class for snack time. They didn't turn out as cute as I had hoped {maybe a little "crazed" looking instead} , but Alise loved them, so I guess that's all that matters. It was her idea to use M&Ms for the eyes and make funny faces, but I bought the wrong kind of black decorator icing, so the faces looked a little "runny" to me.

I used milk chocolate icing and vanilla wafers for the ears and face. They were easy peasy.

10 comments:

  1. I think your cupcakes are incredible! Alise looks darling. How do you pull it all together?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes are PRECIOUS. I got the new Fancy Flours catalog in today, and I thought of you. You need to get on line and request one--adorable supplies and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cupcakes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes are too cute! You are such a good mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

    I would appreciate if a staff member here at www.thehortonfamily.blogspot.com could post it.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress and the money cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overachiever! Just Kidding! Our theme for Friday is Hoedown at the Hornet's Nest & Sass is freaking out because she doesn't have any cowboy boots! The horror. I'm going to look at WM today for some.

    Our girlies love their zebra print, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you didn't use the red M&Ms for the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Alise's dress - it is adorable! Your monkey cupcakes are so cute! I am going to have to make those sometime soon. Both Carter and I love monkeys and I call him my little monkey. Seriously, where do you find the time to do all that you do?

    ReplyDelete