Sunday, September 26, 2010

To Be Monogrammed, Of Course

Last Saturday, I picked up Lauren at 7:20 and we high-tailed it to Natchez, Mississippi to the Kelly's Kids Outlet. We were the only two moms in the store and we had a blast shopping! It was so funny because the sales clerk knew all the clothes by season and which catalog they were in, so all we had to do was hold an item up and say, "How much?" and she would quote the sales price off the top of her head. Lauren and I were also busy on our phones texting, taking pictures and sending them to our friends that we were shopping for. I bought some things for EC and Lauren managed to pick out some birthday presents as well as shop for her friends. Our next road trip is scheduled for November. According to the sales clerk they will have more Fall and Christmas items on sale by then. Here are pictures of Alise's stash:Things for next summer. To be monogrammed, of course.Things for this Fall & Winter. To be monogrammed, of course.Then we stopped at a cute little boutique in Vidalia called "The Pickett Fence" and I got her this reversible Christmas dress for 60% off. To be monogrammed, of course.


I just love Natchez. It holds a special place in my heart because that's where Wayne and I went on our honeymoon. We had a great time staying at the Eola Hotel and other bed and breakfasts, and touring antebellum homes such as Stanton Hall, the Rosalie, and Monmouth Hall. We ate at great places like Fat Mama's Tamales and Pearl Street Pasta. Maybe one day I'll share my honeymoon pictures! Ha! And....! If anyone's interested, Natchez's Hot Air Balloon Festival is the weekend of October 16th. We've never been but if we didn't already have plans, I promise you I could see another road trip in our future.

Tuesday night was "Daddy-Daughter Date Night" with Chic-fil-a at our local mall. Wayne took Alise and they had a great time!This is one of my new favorite pictures. And you would think for someone that loves taking pictures of her daughter, I would have more of them up around our house. I am ashamed to say that I don't. Bad, bad Mama!!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you racked up. Love the outfits! I love finding great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriends and I load up the truck and RV every year and go to the Balloon Festival. It's a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your finds! I wish I could have gone with you.

    ReplyDelete